Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sanding.

I'm not going to spend much time discussing the process I went through to sand the interiors of my wall logs. It was sooooo boring to do.  It would be even more boring to read about.  For the record, however, I used 3 variable speed sanders with 7 inch hook and loop sanding discs.  80 grit paper for the first pass.  I'll use something finer for the second pass.  The hook and loop discs were much better than adhesive discs, because they stayed on the sanding pad.  The variable speed sanders were much, much better than angle grinders.  RPM on the grinders is much too high for adhesive sanding pads.  Anyway, after 3 weeks of dark brown snot and bright red eyes, we finally finished the first pass on the wall logs.  The second pass will be much easier, and less messy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment